In this 4 part bootcamp*, you’ll learn how to own your job search, build a meaningful connection with anyone you meet, and get interviews without needing to constantly apply online.
The bootcamp includes a virtual networking event with recruiters/hiring managers from companies like Amazon, Google, Tastemade, Buzzfeed, and more.
**To do our part during the current circumstances, bootcamp ticket fees have been subsidized from $290 general admission to $90 (early bird: $75)**
About this Event
Whether you’re in the job market, looking to build your network or considering a career change, this 4 part digital bootcamp will provide you with insight and actionable steps to build meaningful connections, get “insider tips” from recruiters and hiring managers on how they approach their own job hunts, perfect your resume and LinkedIn profile, and overall make great impressions by having solid tools at your fingertips!
- Hear from Guneet, bootcamp participant: “I am not even finished with my Job Search bootcamp with Edvo and I cannot tell you how much I have already learned.I have gotten actionable tips to help me with almost every aspect of my professional goals, a network of 40+ people, and, best of all, a genuine drive to advance my career. Being around such motivated people who are all just looking to learn is so empowering.Shireen is so passionate about education and I can feel that every time I hop on the call. She makes everything simple and easy to understand. Most importantly, she actually encourages us to take what we have learned and pay it forward!”
Bootcamp Session Breakdown
- 6/13: 10:00AM - 11:20AM PT — Bootcamp Kick off + Networking
Whether you’re networking virtually or in-person, learn how to start meaningful conversations with anyone and everyone.
- 6/13: 11:30AM - 1:00PM PT— Resume + LinkedIn
Understand how companies evaluate your resume and LinkedIn presence and get actionable tips on how to leverage these tools for yourself.
- 6/14: 10:00AM - 11:00AM PT— Interviews
Learn how to answer the most common interview questions, and get tips for both virtual and in-person interviews.
- 6/14: 11:15AM - 1:00PM PT— Virtual Networking Event
Hear from recruiters and hiring managers on the “insider tips” they use to navigate their own job hunts, and how to focus on activities that make your job hunt more effective.
**This bootcamp will be facilitated over Zoom - a link will be shared 72 hours before the bootcamp begins.
- Hear from Paulina, bootcamp participant: “I’ve been to many events that similarly focused on networking, professional development, and the works, but none quite as motivating, actionable, and in-depth as the Edvo Bootcamp. I’m so impressed that Shireen and her team were able to pull off a wonderful event and foster an environment that was exciting and welcoming for us all to contribute and connect with others beyond the event. The structure and format is unique, and you can tell it was designed with the benefit of attendees as the top priority. Events that make as much an impact as this are rare, and absolutely worth the time of anyone of any stage in their career growth that has a craving to learn more and meet driven like-minded individuals.”
Meet your bootcamp leader, Shireen Jaffer:
Shireen Jaffer is a second-time founder, Forbes 30 under 30, and CEO of Edvo, a venture-backed startup in Los Angeles that gets people meaningful jobs. Shireen has worked with hundreds of companies, from Fortune 500s to early stage startups, advising them on recruiting and hiring practices. She has helped over 50,000 people in their job search over the last 10 years, from recent grads to executives, and led over 200 boot camps.
This event is in partnership with Playa Tech.
Playa Tech is a tight-knit, community-driven tech group centered in Playa Vista. They host guest panels from renowned companies such as Google, Snap, Amazon and local startups, run hands-on workshops, host office hours to help with job transition, and offer resume advice. Click here to learn more!